Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tea at The Village Tea Room

A couple of weeks ago, I visited a friend in New Paltz, NY, a historic little town with plenty of antiques and thrift shops. We went to The Village Tea Room and had a lovely brunch:
The dishes and tableware were a hodgepodge of delightful earthenware and glazed ceramic, similar to what you would imagine in a farmhouse. They even gave us a miniature hourglass timer so we would know when our tea was perfectly steeped.
I chose the Pumpkin Spice tea, which was delicious. I've been looking forward to fall all summer so it was the obvious choice. :3
Then I was served the scrumptious Cheddar Cheese & Herb Fritatta, along with Potato Pancake with Sour Cream & Chives:
We ended up leaving with enormous cream puffs that I didn't get a chance to photograph, but they were excellent.


Overall, I think I could live in this tea room. It had such a haphazardly charming, farmhouse atmosphere, and the layout was cozy with all the wooden beams and natural touches. The Village Tea Room also procures most of their ingredients from local farmers and producers, which is always a plus. You can taste the freshness.


That whole morning was charming. We saw a giant moth larger than my palm (no exaggeration) on the sidewalk:
It looked so soft and velvety.

6 comments:

  1. Ohh wow sounds like you had a great day! Going out to tea houses is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. potato pancake!!!! they make a crazy good potato pancake at work with a layer of caramelized onions in the middle...

    ReplyDelete