Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Apple Picking

A few weekends ago, I hosted the second New Jersey morigirl meetup! There were only three of us, but it was a lovely day. We went apple picking at Terhune Orchards in Princeton, NJ.
Miakoda reaches for an apple!
Red Delicious apples grew clustered on the branches.
The overripe, unpicked apples lay thick on the ground.
This neighboring field looked a bit like heaven to me.
Squash, squash, squash.
There was a small wildflower farm on the premises as well. These blue flowers were so tall in person!
One of the best things about apple picking is the cider doughnuts.
I made an apple pie with some of my apples... I love the way unbaked pies look.
It's my initials!
Here's my morigirl outfit:

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are really nice! They look like old family photos from the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, April! I'm really interested in lomography, so even though I don't have a Diana or Holga camera I try to edit my photos to look almost lomo-ish. :33

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh your morigirl is sooo lovely! I love your hair too ^_^

    I want to go apple picking! Guess I need to find an orchard on the island :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Yllsa!

    There are a lot of apple orchards in New Jersey, so I guess I'm lucky. *n*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Glad you had fun! I was actually in South Orange at my college...doing college things lol. I swear if I had a mori girl outfit I would find a way to go to a meet up..but that is what I get for being broke, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to cobble together this morigirl outfit just from things I already had in my closet, so don't give up hope! I hope you can make it to a meetup soon :3

    ReplyDelete