Friday, November 5, 2010

The Queen's Coach Has Arrived

My reservation from Alice and the Pirates arrived a few weeks ago:
It's the Queen's Coach jumperskirt in black! Colors always look a little different in person to me, so I was pleased to note the beige stripes are darker than I thought they looked in the stock photo.

I've been thinking a lot about how to use lace pieces with lolita coordinates lately, so here I tried adding an antique lace collar to the jumperskirt. The hat is a vintage ladies military style cap.
I love the medallion prints from Alice and the Pirates and Baby the Stars Shine Bright-- prints that look a bit like wallpaper, such as Name of the Rose and Marie Antoinette.

It's nice the weather finally feels like autumn! Tranquil fall days are ahead of us.

On an unrelated note, I changed the banner and background of the blog! I like it, but I'll probably continue tweaking it until I'm satisfied. What do you think?

17 comments:

  1. I like it! The banner and the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *IS SO JEALOUS*

    You coordinate it better than I could tho, so I forgive you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Yllsa :3

    lol Miss Lumpy! you're so sweet.. and yet scrappy <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so pretty! And the banner looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you took a dress that is Lolita but coordinated it to look more Dolly-kei. Make sure you take pictures of this coord when you wear it, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, April! <3

    Charlotte: Yep, there's a definite dolly style influence XD It would be interesting to try a full-on dolly outfit with this dress!

    Kelsey: I loved the coordinate you wore on the way home from my house with your navy Queen's Coach jsk! How can you just THROW SOMETHING TOGETHER like that? haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore this look! I especially love the hat, such a unique touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bianca ;m; I could totally picture you in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I love all your coordinates! This one is particularly fabulous! (Oh dear, I'm gushing!)

    But truly, your style is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Alexandria!

    And thank you Kairii! It means a lot :33

    ReplyDelete
  11. your dress is soooo lovely! :o I'm sure it will look fantastic in your coords.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Cherrypop and treevoice! :3

    ReplyDelete