Thursday, December 16, 2010

Morigirl Secret Santa Gift Preview

I'm participating in the morigirl livejournal community's secret santa gift exchange, so I decided to contribute something appropriate for the season: a winter accessories set.
For the earmuffs, I wrapped the headband in ribbon, gluing it in place as I went along. This particular ribbon looks nice wrapped because it's double sided-- one side fawn-colored velvet and the other side light blue satin. 
Next, I made two bows, glued them on each side, and added some adorable wool felted acorns.
For the scarf, I tied cream-colored pom-pom trim around alternating tassels at the hem and stitched it in place. Then I finished off one side with velvet ribbon to match the earmuffs and the other side with bows made from lace remnants. 
I like the assymetry of the scarf because I feel like it fits in well with the whimsical, handmade aspect of morigirl style.
Now it's all wrapped up and ready to ship. I hope whoever receives this set likes my gift!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That scarf looks amazing! O_O I also liked what you did to the ear muff band. Velvet accents add a nice classy touch to the usual texture of mori-girl items. : )

    Whoever's getting this package is so lucky! I kinda wish I joined the exchange earlier. : X

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make both earmuffs and scarf?
    these are wonderful *__*

    ReplyDelete
  3. l-lita: Thank you! I so agree about velvet accents with morigirl style :D And maybe there will be more mid-year craft exchanges soon? I would love to participate again!

    Lilith: Thanks :33 Actually the scarf and earmuffs came from the mall... I just decorated them ;o; I wish I knew how to knit or crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ow.. than you made it more smart :P a touch of class :D (I love ribbon and bow <3 )

    I found a tutorial that show you how to make an ear muff out of coat hanger :D it's amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/himehood#p/u/4/uM2FwftFqjY

    why don't you ask someone to teach you knit or crochet? °:°
    A friend of mine taught me the basics of knit. it's enjoyable :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great tutorial, Lilith! Thanks for the link <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful set!!! I love how you morify it! *__*
    I'm a huge fan of velvet and pom poms too!
    The girl who'll receive it is really lucky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Piperita Patty XDD I hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I wish I was more crafty, I'd've loved to make my Secret Santa gifts more mori'ish before I sent them off! I did consider adding some embroidery, but not being very good at it, I thought I'd better not risk ruining the stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure whoever gets it will love your gift, elle s'ennuie! Secret Santa exchanges are so fun :33

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all adorable! I love how different everything looks once you customized it! The little felted acorns are especially adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable set! Your craftiness amazes me. Everything always comes out looking perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Caro-chan! Those felted acorns are all over etsy, so I've been using them more and more in my crafts this season XD

    And thanks, focusing the lens :3 I'm glad you like my crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, when I saw this post, I had no idea this package was being sent to me! Thank you so much! I love both the scarf and the earmuffs, they're so wonderfully cute, soft and cosy, and I'll be taking them on lots of walks in the forest :)
    I hope you had a good Christmas and that your Secret Santa gift arrives soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way! haha I'm so glad you like the set ;o; Wearing them on walks in the forest sounds perfect!
    I hope you had a good Christmas too! My gift hasn't arrived yet, but I'm sure it will soon XD

    ReplyDelete