Saturday, January 15, 2011

Brands: Dolce Piu Amabile

I think it's about time to feature another lesser-known fashion label, this time a Japanese lolita brand called Dolce Piu Amabile. I wasn't able to find out much information about this brand, but did manage to collect a few scattered facts and some pictures worth sharing! All the images are from the Dolce Piu Amabile webshop.
The designer, Yoshie, translates the Italian phrase dolce piu amabile as "sweet and lovely." To paraphrase the brand concept, Dolce Piu Amabile's designs are based on sweet clothes for young girls but with a more elegant style. According to the brand blog, the original webshop first went online in 2007.
Dolce Piu Amabile's style looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale! Many of these dresses have square or round necklines and use materials like velvet, brocade, and cotton printed with traditional patterns, so there's a definite folklore feel. Look, fringe trim:
There aren't many garments for sale on the website because these clothes are all handmade by Yoshie and her mother! Thus, many of the pieces are one-of-a-kind.
Follow the brand's blog in case you're interested in updates. It's written in a personal style-- which is very cute-- but not updated too frequently.
In the following photo, some of you may recognize Misako Aoki modeling a Dolce Piu Amabile dress. Doesn't she look beautiful in classical lolita style? I love how the vines twine together to form diagonal check frames in that gobelin fabric.
Unfortunately, Dolce Piu Amabile does not ship overseas, but you can still order their clothes by using a shopping service. Visit the brand's website for more information!
*
Extra #1:
There are some lovely photo shoots of Sachi wearing Dolce Piu Amabile available on a photographer's website: one with a Snow White theme and one with a Sleeping Beauty theme.
Extra #2:
Yoshie made some bridal gowns at one point and I managed to find the blog of the girl who wore them. Check out the blog entry with photographs here!

23 comments:

  1. Amazing!! The white OP with the black cross on the front took my breath away! And the 5th picture down stopped my heart...!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arent these designs inspirational? I could totally see you wearing them, B *o* <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shiro dresses in the first picture and that rose skirt with fringe trim! I wish they had more for sale ;o;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too... a lot of the dresses I like best are sold out 8o8
    But they do update with new pieces every once in a while, so I guess we just have to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FRINGE TRIM!! T__T I would love to have a dress/skirt like that!

    I also love the Snow White themed photo, this dress looks so medieval and fairytale-like! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and me both, Miss Blue :D It's such a charming detail!
    And that Snow White dress is pretty magical ~~ I bet it's amazing to wear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this brand. Lovelovelove. I wish that they had more exposure, because they really deserve it. So much of their work is just absolutely lush with detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg the wedding dresses!! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right?? I just about died looking at those photos TnT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their dresses, and I've had their site bookmarked for a while, but they unfortunately don't seem to update anymore-- not since August 2009 :( It's really sad that they don't get more publicity because their stuff is very unique.

    I think the white dresses in the first photo are my favorite. They just look so delicate and feminine *O*

    Speaking of lesser-known brands, though, are you are familiar with Puppy Flower? http://puppy-flower.com/ They have a lot of really simple longer dresses, but their hair accessories are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Puppy Flower! <3 So elegant and simple *o*

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute brand! i love all of their clothes. that's amazing that it's all handmade and mostly one of a kind.. thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Np! I'm glad you like it :3 Apparently, Yoshie was given the opportunity to open an actual brick-and-mortar store, but she turned it down because she wanted to keep the brand the size it is now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this brand T___T I found out about it sometime last year and have been in love with it! I wish I could get ahold of some of their designs, they're just gorgeous.

    Their main page picture is just so awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it? I love that picture too <3 And the designs are just amazing ;o;

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to own one of their dresses. *__*

    ReplyDelete
  17. My god, such beautiful clothing! They have some pretty unique designs. I must pay more attention to indie brands <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lauren: Me too! *o*

    HSP: I think we all need to do that XD There are many more out there just waiting to be discovered...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this brand so much *_* Everything is gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Agreed! And I love that DPA has stayed small by choice :3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful brand, I am so glad you featured them! The white cross dress is just Devine. Looking forward tonwatching for their updates.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so glad you like Dolce Piu Amabile!
    You and me both XD

    ReplyDelete