Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Necklace

Happy New Year, everyone! To celebrate, a few friends and I went out for tea yesterday and exchanged belated Christmas presents. I wrapped mine in a gold box trimmed with grosgrain ribbon and holiday berries:
My friend had asked for some morigirl jewelry, so I decided to make her a necklace! I used antique-toned metal for the base.
I tried to match the bird pendant by using fixtures that look like swallows in flight:
And on one side, I sewed on an assortment of frilly bits made from lace, ribbon, and trim remnants:
The necklace actually went well with the outfit she was wearing that day!
*
Tell me, readers, did you make or receive any nice presents this year? I'd love to hear about it. ♥

11 comments:

  1. Omg thats so gorgeous! I love it *__*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful necklace. I made cookies for people this year, but mostly bought stuff for others.... Cause I ended up eating most of the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Arika XD My cookie creations usually suffer the same fate >m<;; haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous necklace. Where do you get that delicate lace with the tiny pompoms sticking out? I've been looking for that and not even the expensive Japanese lace import store, Mokuba, has it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sonia! I actually vandalized that lace from an old shawl I never wear anymore. >m<;; If I did have to buy it, I would try eBay and cheeptrims.com. Good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's gorgeous! I'm sure your giftee loved it because I sure do ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, thanks! I actually JUST found the lace yesterday and I found a Canadian brand (similar to Gunnie Sax) dress at a local vintage store for $9.99 CAD. Just my luck. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way! I'm glad you found it (and the dress... I want to see it!) :3

    ReplyDelete