Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pink House photoshoot

Last weekend, I visited my friend Bianca and decided to put together a natural kei photoshoot. I hope everyone enjoys the results! Click the photos to see the larger versions.
For anyone who isn't already familiar with it, natural kei is all about loose fit, layers, and a natural, country look. Check out my "What is natural kei?" page for more information about this style.
Regarding the layers of this outfit, I used one dress, two underskirts, and three shawls. I gathered one side of the dress up with a pin to make the underskirts more noticeable from the front and create the appearance of even more volume. Natural kei doesn't typically use crinoline petticoats, so multiple layers help create the impression of depth and softness.
It was really fun trying to style her in the traditional Pink House way, with lots of layers and volume mixed with cute, quirky accessories. The red dress, teddy bear skirt, and teddy bear brooches are the only actual Pink House items. The tassel accessory and green bow in her hair are from the Etsy shop Mousse au Chocolat, a brand that works really well with morigirl and natural kei.
I think Bianca looks lovely in Pink House clothes! Many people might be overwhelmed by this much material, but she seems completely at ease in the many layers. If you can't get enough Bianca, check out her blog, Curly B!
I couldn't let the day end without getting one moss picture. I don't want winter to end, but seeing that patch of velvety green was very stirring. I think I may be ready for spring now!

20 comments:

  1. Lovely~! She looks stunning and I loooovveee the coordinate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love both the outfit and the photoshoot!!! I have a thing for teddy bears and this shade of red is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I adore the teddy bear under layer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! I love this photoshoot and Bianca (haha). It really does have a very pink house feel. You should send this to them (Pink House) so they can see foreigner appreciation 8D! Also- why can't we see your teddy bear outfit?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kelsey, Piperita Patty, Alexandriaweb, and Dixmacabre! ♥ I'm glad you liked the photoshoot.

    Jen: You and me both. Dressing her up was a delight! haha Sending the photos to Pink House is a neat idea; I might do that!

    Trust me, the teddy bear ensemble will have a grand unveiling >:]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! I love these outfits, they're so romantic and pretty looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bianca looks soo good!

    looks perfect for winter ;; so warmmm (but i don't wanna say that now because it's been so hot already lds;kflds D8 what happened to you, winter)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely shoot!
    That outfit is wonderful~ <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love natural kei outfits like this one; it reminds me of Kate Greenaway's illustrations ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Caro-chan, xbiteyourtongue, Cath, and Seitou! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so lovely! These photos look like they came straight out of a catalog, especially the first two! Congrats to you and your pretty model! ;)

    And I'm soooo jealous of this outfit *___*
    Pink House must seriously hire you as a stylist! XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely photoshoot♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely model and wonderful clothes. XD Multiple layers always intimidate me, but the two of you made the coordinate look effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bianca makes such a great Natural-kei model! She looks so sweet and dainty!

    I don't know where you found the setting for these photos, but it's perfectly charming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous outfit! And it looks so layery and warm as well! It must be good for the cold snowy weather ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous outfit and the red is so striking against the stone house and snow background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhh!! Bianca looks so amazing in Natural Kei.

    The red in this coordinate is really great with the snow, it gives a really wintry, northern German feel or something. I guess it reminds me of an antique German fairy tale girl?

    Wonderful coordinate and wonderful model XD

    ReplyDelete