Friday, April 29, 2011

Innocent World Victorica dress

I haven't been buying much lolita fashion lately, but I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Victorica dress from Innocent World! This dress is part of the collaboration series Innocent World did with Gosick, an anime about the adventures of a secluded young girl who solves mysteries à la Sherlock Holmes. Here are images of the dress and other items from this series:
image from Innocent World website
I was glad these pieces can all be bought separately because I only wanted the dress. It comes in three colorways and three sizes! The bordeaux and chocolat colorways looked too flashy to me-- a bit like a costume-- so I chose the beige colorway. Here are some photos:
I prefer the way the neckline looks without the detachable lace jabot. If it needs any more decoration, I think it a necklace would be just right.
There are many different styles of lace on this dress, but most of it is soft embroidered net lace. Here's a closeup of the different styles of lace used on the skirt:
Since I received the package in the mail, I've been trying to figure out the best way to style this dress. It's surprisingly versatile! I was even able to create a pirate lolita coordinate using an Alice and the Pirates jacket and tricorn.
Here's a closeup:
A few other ideas I had are a natural spring look using a floral hair wreath, lace shawl, and floral brooch, or a princess look with a mini tiara, pearls, gloves, and fan. ♥ How would you coordinate this dress?

15 comments:

  1. the dress looks so gracious! *__* is it comfortable? :D how many days it takes to arrive to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Lilith! It's very comfortable because the material is like chiffon-- light and airy ♥ And it didn't take long to arrive once it was released because Innocent World uses EMS shipping. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lace cloud, it's gorgeous! And I really love the pirate coordinate *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. *__* Holy smokes, it's so beautiful in off white <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is far prettier than the stock pics. Love the coordinate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victorica dress catch my eye the first time I saw it in the IW site,it's an incredible gorgeous piece!And you made a cute pirate coordinate with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I was just checking this out on their website. my first thoughts were that they really remind of marble and visible designs and that I really dislike the constrast with the white and the other colors, it would be SO awesome if they were a little more similar shades, bacause de design is pretty cool... or... in one solid color such as the one you´ve bought. it looks so amazing, very detailed. and damn, I just love your coordinates. I can´t think of any right now after seeing your. D:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I hadn't realised the dress came in Beige! It's very pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God that dress! It's so perfect. I love the new opulent styles they're coming out with, like BABY's new $1,000 dresses. Wish I had snapped this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress in the creamxbeige colorway *O* It's so extravagant, but it in a good way XD I agree that the other colorways looks a bit too costumey, though (I really wish that they'd made a blackxblack or blackxgray colorway).

    When I first saw this on IW's site, though, I never realized how versatile it could be o__o But you're right, there are so many different ways you can accessorize this dress. I like the idea of using it for a mori girl outfit. And with a white fur stole and a cream bonnet with some feathers, it'd probably make for a great "snow queen" themed outfit in the winter *O*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want you to wear this in all white in winter XD but I just can't wait to see you rock it out! ::grabby hands::

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gave an award to your blog :D
    I know these awards are annoyng as they're similar to chain letters, but it doesn't matter if you don't publish my award or follow the award's rules. I only wanted to say I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with this dress *__* (and also with all the coords you made with it!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Victorian, and the dress is GORGEOUS <3

    ReplyDelete