Friday, August 5, 2011

Otakon Tea Party crafts

I'm so pleased with how this tea party went! Thanks to all the hard work of my co-hosts, we were able to pull everything off without a hitch. For my contribution to the gift bags, I made a combination brooch and hair accessory:
I cut some green velvet into leaf shapes and hand-stitched them together, then added lace remnant circles, paper leaves, and paper roses. The finishing touch is the miniature key charm, which dangles from a pearl chain. These accessories look good worn as a hair accessory on the side of the head, or perhaps worn as a brooch on a jacket lapel or pinning up a scarf. As you can see in the photo below, I made four color varieties: lavender, mocha, cream, and pink.
I attached my new blog business cards to each favor with some ribbon. I ordered them on Etsy a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with how they turned out! One side has my information and the other has a lovely damask pattern in light blue and cream.
For the main raffle prize, I made a necklace in antiqued bronze with a leaf pendant. The design is fairly understated, so I think it can be worn with practically anything. Those little swallow-in-flight connector charms end up in almost all the jewelry I make.
There were also little bags of Jordan almonds for each guest, so I put them in a basket I decorated (which also ended up being the raffle prize basket). The robin's egg blue organza treat bags and bird decorations gave the basket a distinct "nest" impression.
In my next entry, I'll post photos of the event itself!

10 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! Your are so talented ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore them! Will they ever be available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kelsey! I haven't thought about selling them, but maybe someday XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so lovely ! You're so talented ^^ I hope you will sell them one day, I will definetly pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so crafty and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Dieuwke and Julie! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brooch/hair accessories are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love everything, from the swallow bird connectors to the shape of your business cards. I'm glad the event went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Ciara and Cherie! ♥

    ReplyDelete