Sunday, October 9, 2011

End of Summer Coordinate and NYCC 2011

It's time to put away the summer clothes because autumn is here, but I thought I would make one last summer coordinate to celebrate the passing of the season...
Natural kei can be worn year round because it's all about layering, but in summer this style conveys a truly nostalgic feeling. The color palette of light green (I've been calling it "antique pistachio"), dusty rose, and antique white adds to the romantic mood.
The cardigan is a lucky eBay find! I've always been a fan of floral embroidery and harlquin checks, but never seen them combined until now. The miniature scallop along the edges is a delight as well. The ruffled camisole worn underneath is from Pink House. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the ruffles actually alternate two similar shades of dusty rose. What detail!
The ruffled rosette skirt by Wonderful World is full of details as well; each ruffle layer has pin tucks, along with yet another miniature ruffle. I love the stylized rosette print.
I finished off the outfit with the straw bowler hat and a Pink House rose corsage. The soft silk roses and bits of straw surrounding it really lend this corsage a natural look.

If any fans of natural kei are attending New York Comic Con next weekend, please come to my panel-- Natural Kei: Little Pink House on the Prairie on Sunday, October 16 at 12:30 pm! This year I'm focusing entirely on natural kei, so I'll be describing it's origins and characteristics, explaining where to find it and how to wear it, and presenting a natural kei fashion show. Even if you can't make it to the panel, I'll be at the convention all weekend so please come up to me and say hello ♥

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could see one of your panels, Martha! I think I would learn a lot! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday I'll be able to come to a convention in California, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could go! ♥ Lovely coordinate, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you could come too, Carolina... I would love to have you model Pink House clothes in the show ;o;
    And thanks, I'm glad you like the coord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait. I will try to make if I don't get crowd stuck.

    I've put a selective schedule with your panel on the list!
    http://www.lolitaandthecity.com/2011/10/lolita-at-nycc-panels-and-events.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usually I really like your coord! I like in particular the skirt and the rose corsage :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful palette on the outfit, and best of luck at your panel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Miss Fy and Christina! ♥

    ReplyDelete