Monday, December 26, 2011

Dances of Vice: Pure Imagination

source: Dancesofvice.com
Two weekends ago, I attended the Dances of Vice event called Pure Imagination: A Winter Toyland Holiday Brunch and took a few photos! Click the pictures to see the larger versions.
Click the jump cut to see more photos and an I Do Declare fashion show!

The Tickled Pinks performed some delightful retro holiday songs (listen to them here):
Our Master of Ceremonies, Dandy Wellington:
One of the burlesque acts, Calamity Chang:
Another burlesque act, Ekaterina Sknarina:
There were more performances, but I'll jump straight to my main reason for attending the event: the I Do Declare fashion show! The clothes in this show displayed the calling cards of creator Kelsey Hine's design style: high spirits and a big nod to period fashion.
Unfortunately my photos of two models didn't turn out well, but you can see them in these final lineup shots:
I wish I had sat closer to the front of the audience, but the heads silhouetted in the foreground are pleasantly similar to Mystery Science Theater 3000. ♥ You can find out more about I Do Declare by clicking the links below:
In the next entry, I'll post some photos of what I wore to this event. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful looks! The fourth one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my photo showed more detail, but the bonnet in that outfit is a real work of art XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Thank you so much for coming to my show~!

    ReplyDelete